Is the Autel EVO Nano+ the best 4K drone under $1000 in 2022? Let's find out!
Autel EVO Nano+ is a smart starter drone for beginners. It is very portable, has a 4K camera, is easy to fly, and has more advanced features than any other drone of its kind, multiple flight modes and photo modes.
The release date of Autel EVO Nano+ is in early 2022. It is equipped with a 3-axis mechanical gimbal stabilizer. Among the mini camera drones, the three-axis gimbal stabilization ensures a clear and smooth picture. The EVO Nano+ can record 4k/30fps video screen.
The EVO Nano series of drones is one of the best-selling drones in the consumer drone market due to its excellent value for money and excellent customer support. The EVO Nano series is mini and lightweight, and the foldable drone can be placed in the palm of the hand. It weighs only 249g and does not need to be registered in the United States.
The EVO Nano series has two product lines: Autel EVO Nano and Autel EVO Nano+. Obviously Autel EVO Nano+ will be better than Autel EVO Nano, the difference between the two is only in the camera.
Autel EVO Nano+ Full Review
The Autelrobotic Store has two Autel EVO Nano+ drone bundles available for purchase, the Autel EVO Nano+ Standard Bundle and the Autel EVO Nano+ Premium Bundle. The drone is fully equipped and ready to use, please refer to the EVO Nano+ unboxing video.
As a member of the foldable drone, the EVO Nano+ drone has a size of 100 when the propeller arm is folded, and 1000 when the propeller arm is unfolded. EVO Nano+ is light and easy to carry, which is also one of the factors that consumers like.
Three-way Obstacle Avoidance
EVO Nano+ is a rare 4k drone of the same type that supports three-way obstacle avoidance sensing. The EVO Nano series can support front, rear, and lower three square obstacle sensing, slow down and stop before the obstacle. At the same time, when flying at night, in addition to the obstacle avoidance sensor, the EVO Nano+ also has an LED light on the tail of the drone, which can be used to indicate the position of your drone.
The EVO Nano+ has a foldable propeller arm and a built-in brushless motor. Although the EVO Nano series is aimed at drone consumers as a mini model, it has sufficient power to achieve level 5 wind resistance and smooth flight.
In terms of cameras, the EVO Nano+ is equipped with a 1/1.28-inch sensor to shoot video at 30fps or 1080@60fps, 2.7k/30fps or 4K@30fps. Pilots can manually adjust ISO sensitivity, white balance, brightness and saturation. The EVO Nano+ has no onboard memory, but can accommodate memory cards up to 128GB. At the same time, it supports 1-16x digital zoom, zooming in on objects to take close-up shots.
The 3-axis gimbal not only keeps the camera perfectly stable during flight, but also allows for remote angle adjustment. You can switch from a front view to a ground view remotely, and high-altitude footage allows drone pilots to inspect roofs and chimneys.
The EVO Nano series drones are powered by a 2250 mAh battery. In perfect conditions, the battery life is 28 minutes. The lithium-ion battery supports cycle charging, and a single charge of the EVO Nano battery takes 90 minutes. You can connect the drone's charging port to charge or use the battery multi-charging hub to charge. Note: EVO Nano batteries are uniquely compatible.
Image Transmission System
The EVO Nano series needs to be used together with the Autel Sky APP. The powerful Autel Sky Link transmission system supports one-key fast transmission of drone images, with a transmission rate of 160Mbps, and three frequency bands to transmit image signals, with a maximum support of 2.7k/30fps transmission. Among the mini 4k camera drones, Autel's rival DJI drones also just transmit at 1080p.
Multiple Shooting Modes
EVO Nano Plus supports a variety of shooting modes, single shooting, continuous shooting, panoramic shooting, time-lapse shooting, etc. The automatic shooting mode also includes Rocket, Fade Away, Orbit, Flick and other cinematic lenses. Drone beginners can use these shooting techniques to create their own vibrant photos, videos, and more.
Record Live Sound
The EVO Nano drone is flying in the distance, and the Autel Sky App also supports recording of live sound and ambient sound, giving video viewers an immersive feeling.
Autel EVO Nano Plus has the characteristics of small size, long flight, good shooting, and audibility. As the forerunner of 4k camera drones, EVO Nano Plus is the best drone budget under $1000 that worth investing in many drone consumers.
As one of the beginner drones, Nano Plus won applause for its excellent camera performance. A foldable mini-camera drone could allow drone users to bypass many strict FAA regulations and have fun.
Autel EVO Nano Plus Specs
- Weight: Takeoff Weight (without accessories) 249g
- Dimensions: Folded: 142×94×55mm, Unfolded: 260×325×55mm
- Max Flight Time (no wind): 28min
- Max Hovering Time (no wind): 26min
- Max Flight Distance (no wind): 16.8km
- Sensor: CMOS：1/1.28 inch (0.8 inch), Effective pixels：50MP, Pixel size: 2.44μm*2.44μm (Bin2)
- Lens: FOV: 85°, Equivalent focal length: 23mm, Aperture: f/1.9, Focus range: 0.5m ~ ∞, Focus mode:：PDAF+CDAF/MF
- Shooting Mode: Automatic mode (P gear): EV adjustable, ISO/Shutter automatic, Manual mode (M gear): ISO/Shutter adjustable, EV not adjustable, Shutter priority (S file): Shutter/EV adjustable, ISO automatic
- ISO range: Video：ISO100 ~ ISO6400, Photo：ISO100 ~ ISO6400
- Shutter speed: Photo Mode：1/8000 ~ 8s, Other：1/8000 ~ 1/frame rates
- Zoom range: Digital zoom：1 ~ 16 times
- Photo format: JPG(8-bit) / DNG(10-bit) / JPG+DNG
- Photo resolution: 50MP：8192×6144（4:3), 12.5MP：4096×3072 (4:3), 4K：3840×2160（16:9）
- Photo shooting mode: Single shot, Burst shooing: 3/5, Auto exposure bracketing(AEB): 3/5 shots, Interval: 2s/3s/4s/5s (default)/6s/…/60s (DNG minimum 5s), HDR imaging: 3840×2160
- Video coding format: H265/H264
- Video resolution: 3840×2160 p30/25/24, 2720×1528 p30/25/24, 1920×1080 p60/50/48/30/25/24, HDR:3840×2160 p30/25/24, 2720×1528 p30/25/24, 1920×1080 p60/50/48/30/25/24
- Max bitrate: 100Mbps
- Timelapse: Original image：3840*2160, JPG/DNG, Video：4K P25
- Panorama: Horizontal/Vertical/Wide-angle/Spherical, Original image: 4096*3072, JPG/DNG
- Supported file system: Fat32, exFat
- WIFI transfer: 20MB/s